Cook the rice in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until tender. Rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add the onion, ginger, garlic and chili, and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until onion softens slightly. Add the capsicum and stir-fry for 1 minute or until just tender.2
Add the rice, peas and Piri piri seasoning, and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Stir through the parsley. Divide the rice among serving plates and top with green shallot.
- 140g (2/3 cup) long-grain white rice
- 2 tsp extra light olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium fresh red chili, thinly sliced
- 8 butter lettuce leaves, washed, dried
- 1 small red capsicum, halved, deseeded, finely chopped
- 150g (1 cup) frozen baby peas
- 2 tsp of Keya Piri Piri Seasoning
- 2 tbs coarsely chopped fresh continental parsley